On this day in 1955. The headquarters of the Girl Guides Association of the Federation of Malaysia was officiated by the member for Education Mr. L.D. Whitfield.
The headquarters was located at Kandang Kerbau Road in Brickfield, Kuala Lumpur.
The building was named The Agnes Pinnick Hut, after Mrs. Pinnick who was the former Chief Commissioner of the Girl Guides Association of the Federation of Malaya and Singapore. The construction cost of the Agnes Pinnick Hut was $8,000 and was borned by the Girls Guides Association of the Federation of Malaya and Singapore. Before the Agnes Pinnick Hut was built, the Girl Guides activities were only organised in schools where it was established. After the Agnes Pinnick Hut was completed, all of the association’s activities were overseen by the headquarters for about 14 years. On 25 October 1969, the new headquarters of the Girl Guides Assocition located at Pantai Baharu. Road was officiated to replace the Agnes Pinnick Hut Building National Archives of Malaysia.